1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup butter (I use dairy free Nuttelex)
1 cup dextrose
1 egg (I used 1 egg worth of Organ Gluten Free No Egg Natural Egg Replacer)
1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups gluten free plain flour
1/4 cup almond meal
50 g roughly chopped walnuts
150g choc chips (St Williams dairy free choc chips)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Add the coconut oil, melted butter and dextrose in a bowl until well combined. Mix in the egg and vanilla and beat.
3. Combine the almond meal, baking soda and flour in another bowl.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix well. Stir in the walnuts and choc chips.
5. Take tablespoon amounts of the mixture and make into balls. Place on baking trays lined with baking paper. Flatten the balls lightly with a fork.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly brown and look delicious!